The basic difference between uniform and non uniform motion is that: In uniform motion, a body moves with a constant speed such as the Motion of earth around the sun. While in non-uniform motion a body moves with a variable speed such as a Horse running in the race.
This post includes:
- Uniform motion Definition
- Non-uniform motion definition
- Uniform Vs non-uniform motion Comparison table
- Lots more
What is Uniform motion?
The motion in which the body moves with constant speed and has zero acceleration is called Uniform motion.
Examples of uniform motion
- Car going along a straight road at a constant speed
- The train going along the tracks at a constant speed
- The movement of the fan
- Vibrating spring in a sewing machine
- Cooling fan running at a fixed speed
Read also: laws of motion
What is Non-Uniform motion?
The motion in which the body moves with variable speed and the acceleration is not zero is called non-uniform motion.
Examples of non uniform motion
- The movement of an asteroid
- Car coming to a halt
- A bouncing ball
- The train coming to its terminating sop
- Dragging a box from a rough surface
- A horse running in a race
- Bus on its way
Read also: Branches of mechanics
Difference between uniform and non uniform motion in tabular form
|Uniform motion||Non Uniform motion|
|In Uniform motion, the movement of a body is along the straight line with constant speed.||In non uniform motion, the movement of a body is along the straight line with variable speed.|
|In uniform motion, the body covers equal distance in an equal interval of time.||In this type of motion, the body does not cover the equal distance in equal interval of time.|
|The speed of the object is similar to the actual speed.||The speed of the object is different from the actual speed.|
|The graph between distance and time (distance-time) graph shows the straight line.||The graph between distance and time (distance-time) graph shows the curved line.|
|This type of motion has zero acceleration.||It has no zero acceleration.|
Uniform Vs Non Uniform motion (video)